Practical tourism marketing training
Helping destination managers provide better business support to their members
Tourism and hospitality businesses: benefit from our lively programme of in-person and online training, business booster sessions, and our flagship Marketing Action Programme.
Destination marketing/marketing organisations: we love to help destination organisations to create practical training and business support programmes for their members. We're happy to provide single workshops or full programmes, including live and recorded sessions, in-person and online. We can also provide training that builds on your marketing campaigns, increasing the impact of your destination activity and creating stronger business engagement.
Actionable advice for easy and immediate implementation
We offer marketing training, business support and one-to-one advice that's 100% tailored to the needs of tourism and hospitality businesses. Our emphasis is on action and results, helping businesses feel confident and equipping them with the skills they need to develop their businesses. All courses and advice packages are created by Susan Briggs who has over 30 years' in-depth tourism marketing experience. Some live workshops are delivered by Mary Tebje who has similar skills and experience.
Tailored support, for different types of business and at a variety of levels
We tailor content to the needs of the participants, adapting solutions according to the tourism industry sector. We can offer marketing training and advice at basic or more advanced levels.
Training and business support topics
We can offer solutions-oriented topics or focus on a particular marketing skill.
We can offer stand-alone topics such as those listed below but prefer to deliver our Marketing Action Programme as this demonstrates how different marketing activities fit together and increases results as businesses are more likely to put advice into action.
The following topics are just some examples - we like to talk through other suggestions with destination managers. Call Susan on 07768 365591 for more details.
Examples of solutions topics:
- How to develop and communicate your sense of place and sustainability
- How to extend the season or how to weather-proof your business
- How to increase direct bookings
Examples of marketing skills
- Marketing on a shoestring
- Matching markets and messages: how to promote your business with strong selling points
- Improve your website to get more business
- A geek-free guide to improving search engine rankings and getting more traffic to your website
- How to create a social media content plan that engages followers and generates bookings
- Pricing and profitability – down with discounts!
- Media coverage – how to attract the attention of journalists and influencers, and give them what they need to talk about your business
- Copywriting and story-telling to make an impact
- Effective direct mail – how to build a mailing list and write emails that get results
- Trendsetters and profit-makers
Happy participants - accommodation providers, visitor attractions, destination managers and activity companies:
" ... being still fairly new in developing the travel trade business, I found the day very enlightening and now understandable. Susan Briggs was an excellent trainer."
"...really good for getting the inspiration flowing. I had a look over the day's notes and already fresh ideas are bubbling away!"
"...to tell you how useful I found your 'promoting your website' course. What I learnt in the course, together with your excellent notes, were invaluable for the presentation I had to prepare as part of the interview."
" It was a really interesting and truly inspirational day. I've already started putting some of the lessons into action"
" take the opportunity to thank you for your talks on Tuesday - I found the day very informative. The topics were covered comprehensively and in a way that kept our interest alive throughout."
Training and business support formats:
- one-to-one sessions
- group workshops
- advanced small group masterclasses
- kickstart kits & written guidance
- virtual or e-learning
- full Marketing Action Programme with business engagement and associated support
Our support services can benefit:
- accommodation providers
- visitor attractions & activity providers
- destinations, local & regional agencies
- tour operators and transport providers
- creative, retail, food and drink
One hour of Susan's time is worth a week of other lesser mortals' time! She was able to convey so many powerful tips and strategies to get us on a better marketing path, and did so in an interesting and memorable way. ”
Hospitality business & venue, Essex
“Thank you so much! This was the best 60 minutes I've ever invested in. I'm so excited about all the ideas and have already made a start. ”
Holiday cottage agency, Isle of Man
“I’ve just listened to the recording – loaded with thought-provoking tips Susan, great stuff. The world always feels loaded with opportunities when I hear you speak, it’s very up-lifting.”
Farm diversification adviser, Yorkshire